- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- General Farm Workers to perform the following duties:
Commodities to harvest and pack: strawberries and raspberries. All packing and stacking duties will be performed in the field and on the farm.
Strawberry Harvester (Ground/Harvest Pro Machine): This position works under close supervision of the harvest crew foreperson. This position safely and efficiently harvests strawberry crop either by ground or with the assistance of a Harvest Pro machine. This position may perform other general labor work (see Weeding job description)
Essential Job Duties:
• Harvests fresh, juice and/or freezer depending on grower requests
• Properly grades and sorts strawberries according to size and quality
• Packages suitable fruit in required packaging container and box
• Inspects strawberry fruit for signs of disease and insect manifestation
• Discards inferior strawberries onto row floor
• Manually plants, transplants, cultivates, weeds (see weeding job description), and thins crop
• Reports all safety problems, incidents, and injuries to foreman immediately.
• Complies with all Company Policies, including observing appropriate lunch and rest periods.
• Overtime Work as needed.
• Able to keep up at a reasonable pace with the rest of the crew
• Able to read safety signs
• Able to perform work up to company standards
• The employee is constantly required to stand, walk, reach, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, hear and see.
• The employee is constantly required to push, pull, lift and carry from 1 lb up to 25 lbs., with occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
• Occasional reaching above shoulder with frequent reaching below shoulder level.
• The employee is in constant bending and twisting of the waist, with frequent squatting.
• The employee is constantly required to work in outside atmospheric weather conditions, uneven ground, and noise, vibration, around hazards such as moving machine parts, equipment, wet rows, wind and dust.
• The employee is occasionally required to work under cold temperatures just above freezing and heat.
Seasonal Cutter/Packer: Cut or pick product of the correct quality, size and weight for the correct packs. Pack or package by hand a wide variety of produce in the correct packs. This is a non-managerial position and works under the general supervision of the Harvest Foreperson.
• Continual visual examination of product to determine if product is right for harvesting.
• Use hands and arms to handle product.
• Place commodity into appropriate packing box.
• Place completed packed product onto moving equipment such as conveyors.
• Mark cartons by using marking tools.
• Examine and inspect containers, packaging material, and product to ensure that packing specifications are met.
• Harvest product by hand, and/or using a harvest knife.
• Continual bending to reach product.
• Walk throughout shift on uneven ground and in leafy rows with debris.
• Ensure that all food safety policies are followed.
• Ensure that all safety procedures are followed to reduce the risk of any type of injury to either the employee or others.
• Reports all safety problems, incidents, and injuries to Harvest Foreperson immediately.
• Comply with all Company Policies.
• Familiar with appropriate use of harvest knife.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, reach, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, hear and see. The employee is frequently required to push, pull, lift and carry up to 35 lbs, and talk.
See Addendum C.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse