- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Job Descriptions and Requirements:
This job requires thinning, training, pruning, harvesting of apples, hops, barley, peppers, and pears by the worker. There are general conditions of employment, general job specifications, and individual requirements that are specific to each job duty:
GENERAL CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL WORK AND CROPS:
1. Fieldwork begins at an assigned time shortly after daylight. Work may be performed during rain and in high humidity and freezing or high heat temperatures. The worker may be required to work in the orchard when trees are wet with dew/rain and have suitable clothing for variable weather conditions.
2. Must be able to perform all duties safely, adhering to all established safety guidelines, practices and procedures, food safety guideline practices, and policies.
3. Must wear all required personal protective equipment when required to do so.
4. While performing duties of this job, the worker is regularly exposed to variable outdoor weather conditions. The worker must wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the season. All footwear must be closed toe.
5. While performing the duties of this job, the worker may be exposed to dust.
6. The employer or employees designated by the employer will provide instructions and general supervision. Workers will be expected to conform to the specific instructions given for each day's work.
7. All workers will be given a copy of the Employee Handbook and Housing Rules. These documents generally describe the employer's procedure, work rules, and progressive discipline policy. Employees will be expected to comply with the policies, procedures, and regulations described in the handbook. Failure to do so will be subject to progressive disciplinary procedures.
8. Workers will be required to attend an orientation on workplace rules, procedures, and safety information.
9. All worksites and all facilities of the employers are drug-free places. Workers must not report for work or perform any service for the employer while under the influence of or impaired by prescription drugs, medications, alcohol, or other substances that may in any way adversely affect their alertness, coordination, reaction, or response. All workers are subject to a post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug test at no cost to the worker.
10. The Worker may never ride on agricultural equipment not designed for work-related riding purposes or any other non-passenger intended equipment.
11. All work-related injuries must be immediately reported to the crew leader, foreman, or supervisor. If applicable, worker's compensation claims may be presented to any medical provider through your employer or state agency.
12. Individuals who the employer does not employ will not be permitted in or adjacent to the worksite. No children may be present at or adjacent to work sites or left in vehicles during the workday. Workers arriving at work with non-working children or other non-workers will be sent home by the farm manager.
13. All types of orchard work. Work is performed on level or flat, sloped surfaces and may require an orchard ladder up to 12 feet in height.
14. The use of hand tools, such as pruning saws, loppers, shears, clippers, and picking bags, may be required to perform the job, including working on a ladder.
15. Workers will be required to work on their feet all day long, regularly standing, climbing, and walking. Workers must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (under trellis trees) for an extended period. Employees are frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance.
16. Workers must be able to lift 60 pounds continuously throughout the day.
17. Worker must be able to see all colors accurately to perform color-specific selected picking.
Cont. on Addendum C
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse