- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- I. GENERAL SUMMARY:
Crops: Spring Mix Commodities, Spinach, Variety of Kale, Lettuces, Romaine, Herb (Variety)
II. Job Duties- Job Duties-description of the specific services or labor performed
Tractor- The primary responsibility of the general laborer-production is to operate equipment necessary for the day-to-day operation preparing for the growing season. Must be able to drive and operate tractors with attachments to perform specific tillage activities. The general laborer must be able to perform duties such as, installing and removing pipe, assist with ensuring irrigation activities occur, inspecting fields for water scheduling, and turning on the valves for irrigation.
• Operate heavy tillage equipment
• Operate tractor for the purpose of watering roads, operate a blade, perform scraper labor, and/or disk labor.
• Help determine irrigation scheduling, which include pre-irrigation, germination, and regular irrigation events.
• Ensure accuracy with water pressure regulation, this applies to different types of Irrigation methods.
• Keep irrigation pumps maintained clean and conduct preventive maintenance services.
• Inspect all fields for water scheduling, which includes determining soil type, a WHC, and water efficiency.
• Ensure field has proper drainage, nozzles, caps, shields, prior to any irrigations.
• Application of compost into the soil.
• Working team leader.
• Must adhere to all DFF Industrial Safety and Food Safety policies and procedures.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and perform related work as required.
Transplanting/Planting- Under the direction of the field supervisor, workers will perform duties such as, plant or transplant, drive equipment, field QC, weed abatement around the perimeter, moving pipe and in between crops.
• Transplanting and Planting-Employee will engage in assisting in the day-to-day functions of transplanting; moving a small plant from one place to another, typically in the fields to reach full maturity. Will also assist with planting, placing seed into ground utilizing a planting machine.
• Equipment and driving activities: Workers may be required to operate tractors, trucks, vans, and other farm equipment during field operations as an incidental activity. Before any worker is required to operate any farm equipment, the worker will be instructed in the proper and safe operation of tractor. Workers will be required to operate tractors according to instructions and in a manner, that protects the operator, other workers, trees, crops, and equipment. Repeated failure to obey operating and safety instructions may result in termination. Properly licensed workers may be requested to transport workers.
• Crop Weeding -Employee will engage in the removal of unwanted weeds not sown and not desired around the field perimeters and around the farm areas.
• Crew Driver -Employee will drive workers to the work site, to the grocery store, and to the homesite.
• Workers will bend and stoop to pick weeds. Workers are required to work in fields when plants are wet with dew or rain. Temperatures in the fields during the working hours can range from thirty-five (35 F) to over ninety-five (95 F) degrees.
• Employees will be required to perform duties such as cleaning up the fields they are working in by, picking up trash, discarding of unwanted packing items such as boxes, packs, or ties.
• Employees will be required to abide by all people safety and food safety regulations and will be required to participate in ongoing safety trainings.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse