- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Under the direction of the supervisor, heavy labor of picking lemons or avocados as per color and size requirements. Employees will be climbing 3-point ladder as needed to pick fruit. Employee will be using proper hand shears for picking lemons. Lemons will be cut with the proper hand shears not pulled and placed into bag sack, which is carried on the front of the body, with straps around the shoulder and back for support. Sack full of fruit can weigh up to 65 lbs. Once full, the sack is emptied into bin, this process is repeated until bin is full.
Employee will need to walk around the tree, under the tree, and inside the tree and from a ladder to pick the appropriate fruit. Employees will be wearing safety protection, hard hats, gloves, protective sleeves, knee pads, and eye protection. Employees will be pruning avocado and lemon trees, using both pruning loppers and hand saws. Employees will be expected to follow the direction and techniques specific to avocado trees and lemon trees from the supervisor. Employees will be skirting lemon trees using sheers to trim bottom branches (trimming on branches at the bottom of the tree so as not to touch the ground) and suckering (removing lateral shoots, or suckers), from the trees. Employees will be planting trees and weeding around trees using a long-handled hoe (4 ft. or more in length), shovels. Start times vary depending on the weather (fog or heavy dew). Fruit cannot be picked until it is dry on the outside.
General Vineyard duties to be performed for Gary Franscioni & Sons Inc. (for property Rosella's Vineyard/Ranch & Gary’s Vineyard) and Leon Farms, LLC (for Sierra Mar Vineyard/Ranch), and Leavens Ranches LLC (for Escolle Ranch) include:
• Canopy management: Leaf thinning/pulling, color thinning, sucker removal, shoot removal
• Rot/botrytis cluster removal
• Wing removal
• Grape Harvesting
• Wire work/trellising
Specific to Grape Harvest: All grape harvest work is done by hand and include hand thinning of grapes, leaves, and shoots. There are infrequent times when weeds need to be pulled by hand. Workers will be provided gloves, knee pads and training in prevention of work-related injuries, at no cost to the workers Employer will abide by rest period requirements in accordance with 8 Cal. Code Regulations 3456(c)(4).
Forklift Driver: Under the direction of the supervisor the driver is responsible for loading, unloading and moving materials for lemon and avocado laboring. Directing forklift through the field, and movement to a new location. Employee must conduct daily maintenance check prior to operating forklift. Required basic knowledge of driving a forklift, must pass a forklift safety training and demonstrate ability to operate forklift in a safe manner.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.02 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop