- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Field Workers: Celery Harvest, Crew Lead, Machine Set-up, General Labor, Agricultural Equipment Operator, Sanitation Worker, CalVan Driver to perform the following duties:
All work is performed in the field on the farm:
Organic Celery and Conventional Celery Harvest-
Field worker to harvest celery, organic and conventional. Cut, bunch, pack, and load fresh celery in the field. Cutting is done on harvesting machine by using hands and cutting knife. Using a harvesting hand knife and bending at the waist, the employee cuts the stalk from the roots and trims the outer stalks from the stalk to prepare it to be packed into a cartons, totes, or bins. The process is repeated. Worker responsible for cleaning of equipment and maintenance of yard. Driving caterpillar & forklift.
Machine set up- Worker will check the machine for water and diesel; Put sticker on bags; Supply cartons for the day and put on the machine; Open or close machine; Put machine where crew will start; move trailer, drive tractor and caterpillar.
General Labor- Weeding using long-handled hoes, transplanting, runner cutting, plant thinning, and ranch maintenance, pulling plastic, pulling of drip tape, cleaning of old and new vegetative growth on plant bed. Plant bed will be classified as “Medium” or “High” according to the amount of runners and new/old vegetative growth present during performing work task.
1. Driver may drive over the road in passenger vans.
2. Driver will drive designated vans to transport harvest crew workers to and from housing and worksite locations. Driving job duty is not a different job and the drivers perform harvesting job duties when not driving.
3. Driver will be responsible for filling van with fuel and keeping vehicle clean.
4. Driver will be required to complete and process periodic driving reports as required by state laws.
5. Driver will be required to follow all traffic laws and if applicable, vanpool rules.
6. In order to drive, drivers must possess a valid authorized driver’s license and must be able to pass DOT (Department of Transportation) recognized medical exam and fulfill all other DOT requirements.
7. CalVans performs the medical exam at no cost to the employee or employer. The employer will be responsible for the cost of the registration as an FLCE driver (if any).
Drivers are compensated for these activities.
All employees engaged in driving activities (H-2A as well as corresponding domestic workers), will be given the opportunity to obtain a driver’s license or commercial driver’s license (DL or CDL) on a voluntary basis. The DL/CDL is not a pre-hire job requirement. No job applicant will be denied an employment opportunity due to a lack of a DL/CDL or FLCE Certificate at the time of application and/or hiring. Further, no worker (H-2A or corresponding domestic worker) will be terminated for failure to obtain a DL/CDL or FLCE certificate.
Agricultural Equipment Operator- Tractor drivers will drive and control tractors in fields.
Crew Lead- Team Leaders will additionally be responsible for checking quality, filling out paperwork, and receiving order for production. May clock in other workers.
Sanitation Worker- Cleans, pressure washes, and moves restrooms on farms/fields.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse