- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- H-2A and corresponding domestic workers must be available to perform each of the following job activities in connection with the harvesting and farming operations:
Haulers/Truck Drivers, Vegetable Harvest Workers: Iceberg & Romaine Lettuce Harvest, Broccoli Harvest, Beets Harvest & Carrots Harvest, Green Leaf Harvest, Weeding, Hand Weeding & Thinning (Iceberg & Romaine Lettuce, Broccoli, Carrots, Beets & Spinach/Swiss Chard, Green Leaf), Weeding with Small Hoe & Debris Removal, Potato Harvest, Potato, Beets & Carrots Sorting, Raking, Shoveling, Sweeping, Dumping, Removing Debris, Transplant, Shed Labor / Packing Facility (preparing freshly harvested crops for shipment in their original, unmanufactured state), stacking & packing, Sanitation & Product Sampling, General Farm Labor / General Ranch Maintenance, Field Safety/Food Safety/Sanitation activities, Housing Monitor, Sanitization activities, and Health/Wellness Monitor to perform the following duties:
HAULER/TRUCK DRIVER SPECIFICATIONS:
Haulers/truck drivers deliver harvested perishable crops packed and loaded in bins and cartons. The hauling/truck driving activities are performed directly in connection with and as an integral part of the harvest and farming operations. The hauling/truck driving activities are not a separate job. Truck driving activities constitute less than 10% of the total duties performed. Vegetable haulers/truck drivers must be available to perform each of the crop activities described in this job order and will perform various activities throughout the work week.
The essential work activity involves moving a highly perishable agricultural crop (vegetables) directly from the farmer's fields to the processing plant, the locations of which are all detailed in the attached schedule. The vegetable haulers/truck drivers are required to complete each step of the haul, as part of necessary field-to processing facility activities for the vegetable crop harvest. Vegetable haulers/truck drivers must be physically and mentally healthy. Each worker is expected to operate hauling vehicles efficiently and safely through all types of routes. Workers must be able to operate tractors, trailers, semi trailers, and have adequate knowledge to make minor adjustments or repairs to these vehicles. Must have a CDL or equivalent license, pass a required drivers license background check, and mandated drug and alcohol test. Drivers must have and maintain a suitable driving record, and be insured by the employer's insurance company.
1. Employee may drive Class 8 over the road Commercial trucks with a GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) capacity of 80,000 GVW
2. In connection with the harvest and farming operations, employee picks up loaded trailers filled with bins in the fields and transports/hauls to the plant’s refrigeration storage site -cooling facility (initial point of distribution).
3. In order to drive trucks, Employees must possess valid authorized commercial drivers’ license (foreign or state issued) and must be able to pass DOT (Department of Transportation) -recognized medical exam.
All employees in this position (H-2A as well as corresponding domestic workers), will be given the opportunity to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) on a voluntary basis. The CDL is not a pre-hire job requirement. No job applicant will be denied an employment opportunity due to a lack of a CDL at the time of application and/or hiring. Further, no worker (H-2A or corresponding domestic worker) will be terminated for failure to obtain a CDL.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse