- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Field Workers: Strawberry Harvest, Crew Lead, Machine Set-up, General Labor, Agricultural Equipment Operator, Sanitation Worker, CalVan Driver to perform the following duties:
All work is performed in the field on the farm:
Field Workers will perform duties associated with and directly related to strawberry harvest, machine and ground. Workers will pick and pack strawberries in the field for fresh harvest, freezing, and juice. Distinguishing quality and ripeness is required during picking and placing in trays/packing containers in field on the farm. Workers will perform planting, replanting, flower pinching, runner cutting, weeding with long- handled hoes, stripping, row boss, puncher/quality control, loader/stacker, hoop plastic installation and tear down, general labor, general maintenance labor, and farm machine operator (colbies).
Crew Lead- Team Leaders will additionally be responsible for checking quality, filling out paperwork, and receiving order for production. May clock in other workers.
General Labor- Weeding using long-handled hoes, transplanting (machine/hand), runner cutting, plant thinning, and ranch maintenance, moving sprinkler pipe, assisting with irrigation, pulling plastic, applying & pulling of drip tape, cleaning of old and new vegetative growth on plant bed. Plant bed will be classified as Medium or High according to the amount of runners and new/old vegetative growth present during performing work task.
Agricultural Equipment Operator- Tractor drivers will drive and control tractors in fields.
Machine set up- On the farm, workers will check the machine for water and
diesel; Put sticker on bags; Supply cartons for the day and put on the
machine; Open or close machine; Put machine where crew will start; move
trailer, drive tractor and caterpillar. Sanitation worker- Cleans, pressure
washes, and moves restrooms on farms/fields.
Sanitation worker- Cleans, pressure washes, and moves restrooms on
Workers may be asked to prepare and distribute communal meals for other H-2A workers. Workers will be paid for all such compensable time.
1. Driver may drive over the road in passenger vans.
2. Driver will drive designated vans to transport harvest crew workers to and from housing and worksite locations. Driving job duty is not a different job and the drivers perform harvesting job duties when not driving.
3. Driver will be responsible for filling van with fuel and keeping vehicle clean.
4. Driver will be required to complete and process periodic driving reports as required by state laws.
5. Driver will be required to follow all traffic laws and if applicable, vanpool rules.
6. In order to drive, drivers must possess a valid authorized driver's license and must be able to pass DOT (Department of Transportation) recognized medical exam and fulfill all other DOT requirements.
7. CalVans performs the medical exam at no cost to the employee or employer. The employer will be responsible for the cost of the registration as an FLCE driver (if any).
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse