- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- General Farm Workers to perform the following duties:
Commodities to harvest and pack: Strawberries, and squash (multiple varieties)
Strawberry Harvester (Ground/Harvest Pro Machine): This position works under close supervision of the harvest crew foreperson. This position safely and efficiently harvests strawberry crop either by ground or with the assistance of a Harvest Pro machine. This position may perform other general labor work (see Weeding job description)
Essential Job Duties:
• Harvests fresh, juice and/or freezer depending on grower requests
• Properly grades and sorts strawberries according to size and quality
• Packages suitable fruit in required packaging container and box
• Inspects strawberry fruit for signs of disease and insect manifestation
• Discards inferior strawberries onto row floor
• Manually plants, transplants, cultivates, weeds (see weeding job description), and thins crop
• Reports all safety problems, incidents, and injuries to foreman immediately.
• Complies with all Company Policies, including observing appropriate lunch and rest periods.
• Overtime Work as needed.
• Able to keep up at a reasonable pace with the rest of the crew
• Able to read safety signs
• Able to perform work up to company standards
• The employee is constantly required to stand, walk, reach, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, hear and see.
• The employee is constantly required to push, pull, lift and carry from 1 lb up to 25 lbs., with occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
• Occasional reaching above shoulder with frequent reaching below shoulder level.
• The employee is in constant bending and twisting of the waist, with frequent squatting.
• The employee is constantly required to work in outside atmospheric weather conditions, uneven ground, and noise, vibration, around hazards such as moving machine parts, equipment, wet rows, wind and dust.
• The employee is occasionally required to work under cold temperatures just above freezing and heat.
Seasonal Cutter/Packer: Cut or pick product of the correct quality, size and weight for the correct packs. Pack or package by hand a wide variety of produce in the correct packs. This is a non-managerial position and works under the general supervision of the Harvest Foreperson.
• Continual visual examination of product to determine if product is right for harvesting.
• Use hands and arms to handle product.
• Place commodity into appropriate packing box.
• Place completed packed product onto moving equipment such as conveyors.
• Mark cartons by using marking tools.
• Examine and inspect containers, packaging material, and product to ensure that packing specifications are met.
• Harvest product by hand, and/or using a harvest knife.
• Continual bending to reach product.
• Walk throughout shift on uneven ground and in leafy rows with debris.
• Ensure that all food safety policies are followed.
• Ensure that all safety procedures are followed to reduce the risk of any type of injury to either the employee or others.
• Reports all safety problems, incidents, and injuries to Harvest Foreperson immediately.
• Comply with all Company Policies.
• Familiar with appropriate use of harvest knife.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, reach, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, hear and see. The employee is frequently required to push, pull, lift and carry up to 35 lbs, and talk.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand on concrete, work on outside weather conditions, uneven ground, and noise, vibration, around hazards such as moving machine parts, moving equipment, wet rows, and dust.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse