- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Fresh Foods, Inc. (also referred to herein as “Fresh Foods” “Employer” or “Company”) is a fixed-site grower which owns and controls its work sites and all agricultural commodities produced at such sites.
Although Fresh Foods was an active registered Farm Labor Contractor as defined under the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA), it is not providing labor to a third party in this application.
It`s H-2A and corresponding workers will only provide labor to directly support its own farming operations: fields are owned or operated by Fresh Foods.
Company address: 700 Airport Drive, King City, CA 93930
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1600, King City, CA 93930
Phone number: 831-902-6228
California Tax ID Number: 515-83011
Arizona Tax ID Number: 6985708-5
Job title: Vegetable Haul Drivers
a. Total: 20 b. H-2A: 7
The employer seeks certification for 7 H-2A Vegetable Haul Drivers. The total number of workers is 20. Of the total number of workers, it is expected that 13 will be U.S. workers and will not require housing. These numbers are estimates as total workforce needs are dependent upon weather, crop conditions, and worker availability.
VEGETABLE HAULER DRIVER SPECIFICATIONS:
Haul Drivers will deliver harvested perishable crops packed and loaded in bins and cartons. The hauling activities are performed directly in connection with and as an integral part of the harvest and farming operations. Haul Drivers must be available to perform each of the crop activities described in this job order and will perform various activities throughout the work week.
In connection with the harvest and farming operations, employee picks up loaded trailers filled with bins in the fields and transports/hauls to the plant’s refrigeration storage site - cooling facility (initial point of distribution).
The essential work activity involves moving a highly perishable agricultural crop (vegetables) directly from the farmer's fields to the processing plant, the locations of which are all detailed in this job order. The vegetable haulers are required to complete each step of the haul, as part of necessary field-to processing facility activities for the vegetable crop harvest. Vegetable haulers must be physically and mentally healthy. Each worker is expected to operate hauling vehicles efficiently and safely through all types of routes. Workers must be able to operate tractors, trailers, semi-trailers, and have adequate knowledge to make minor adjustments or repairs to these vehicles. Must have a CDL or equivalent license, pass a required driver’s license background check, and mandated drug and alcohol test. Drivers must have and maintain a suitable driving record and be insured by the employer's insurance company.
1. Employee may drive Class 8 over the road Commercial trucks with a GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) capacity of 80,000 GVW
2. In connection with the harvest and farming operations, employee picks up loaded trailers filled with bins in the fields and transports/hauls to the plant’s refrigeration storage site -cooling facility (initial point of distribution).
3. In order to drive trucks, Employees must possess valid authorized commercial drivers’ license (foreign or state issued) and must be able to pass DOT (Department of Transportation) -recognized medical exam.
The Vegetable Haul Driver will deliver romaine, romaine hearts, salanova lettuce, green leaf, red leaf , butter, spring mix, spinach, iceberg lettuce, broccoli, broccolette, stalk and crown cauliflower, cabbage, celery, frisee, bok choy, nappa, radicchio, kale, beets, chard, cilantro, collards, fennel, leeks, onion, butternut, green acorn, zucchini, bell peppers, eggplant, brussel sprouts, melons, artichoke, tomato, corn, garlic, dates, citrus (lemon, orange, mandarins, tangerines) to the storage/cooling facilities.
(Continues on Addendum C)
- Job Classification:
- 45-2091.00 - Agricultural Equipment Operators