IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING WAGES FOR TEMPORARY AGRICULTURAL JOBS

The Department of Labor recently announced new minimum wage rates, called Adverse Effect Wage Rates (AEWRs), that employers must offer and pay, at the time work is performed, to nonimmigrant H-2A workers and workers in corresponding employment beginning on the effective date of the new wage rates. To see the new hourly AEWRs for non-range occupations (effective December 29, 2021) and the national monthly AEWR for herding or production of livestock work on the range (effective January 1, 2022), please visit: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/eta/foreign-labor/wages/adverse-effect-wage-rates

Skip to main contentSkip to select language
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR

Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop

Campo Alegre LLC

Arecibo, PR

$8.00 per hour

ACTIVE

Recruitment Information

Telephone Number to Apply:
+17874207075
Email address to Apply:
nalvarado@campoalegrepr.com

Job Description

Full Time:
Yes
Number of Workers Requested:
25
Job Duties:
It is estimated that 70% will be dedicated to planting, cultivating and maintenance of pineapples, the remaining 30% of the time will be dedicated to harvesting these products. Most of the workdays are spent outdoors on one's feet with constant movement as workers are rarely in one place as they move from one field to another. Workers must be able to stand, walk uphill and downhill, sit, squat, kneel, crouch, bend (from the waist) push, pull, reach, lift and carry items weighing in the range of 5 to 30 pounds. It may be planted in the farm as well. Workers are required to work 8 hours per day. Driving and operating passenger vehicles and farm equipment will be required. The worker may be requested but not required to work 12 hours per day and/or on the Sabbath or Federal Holidays depending upon the conditions in the fields, weather, and maturity of the crop; in such case, applicable overtime norms will be applied. The manager or supervisor will notify workers at the end of the workday if there is any change in start and time anticipated hours of work for the following day. Regular attendance by all workers during schedule hours of the workday and /or work period is expected. Unsatisfactory attendance: including reporting late, excessive request to leave before the end of the workday, quitting early, doing work outside the scope of the H2A Visa, not abiding housing, or transport regulations, etc., may be cause for disciplinary action. Workers must call their manager or supervisor as far in advance possible prior to the start of the workday if they do not expect to be in on time. Further information on the employer's Attendance Policy in the Employee Handbook.
Job Classification:
45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse

The job/industry classification and description includes general information on the position from ONET/OES and the North American Industry Classification System. Please review Job Duties and Job Order for more information.

Job Requirements

Experience Required:
No
Special Requirements:
All work is performed in outdoor agricultural fields and involves exposure to rain, sun, soil, dust, heat, and other natural elements. Workers should come prepared to the farm wearing appropriate clothing and footwear for the environmental and working conditions described. They will be planting and harvesting as well as counting and packing products. Work entails exposure to soil, insects and plant materias such as, but not limited to pesticides and fertilizers. Workers will be properly trained and advised on all pesticides and fertilizers according to OSHA safety guidelines and standards.
Number of Hours Per Week:
40
Work Schedule (Start/End time):
6:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.

Employer Information

Company Name:
Campo Alegre LLC
Location:
Arecibo, PR 00688
Telephone Number:
+17874207075

Worksite

Address:
Carr. 64 Km 3.6 Bo Sabana Hoyos Sector Carolina, Arecibo, PR 00688

Job Order Details

ETA Case Number:
H-300-22311-572732
Multiple Worksites:
No
Date Posted:
11/18/2022

Share