- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Worker must possess the physical strength and endurance (ability to continue or last) to repeat the harvest process though out the workday, working quickly and skillfully to perform activities assigned during that activity. Workers must work at a sustained (continuing for an extended period of time without interruption), vigorous pace (quick and steady) and make bona fide efforts (made in earnest intent) to work efficiently (performing or functions in the best possible manner with the least waste of time and effort) and consistently (same way for a long time) that are reasonable under the climatic and other working conditions, Workers may not leave trash, or other discarded items in work areas or vehicles but must dispose of such items in provided receptacles. Workers must wash hands with soap and water after all bathroom and meal breaks. Allergies to varieties of ragweed, goldenrod, insecticides, related agricultural chemicals, etc., may affect worker’s ability to perform the work described herein.
Sanitation Requirements: For food and general personal safety purposes, all workers will be required and expected to follow common sanitary practices at all times. This is particularly critical when hand harvesting crops for human consumption. Employees are required to cleanse their hands by washing them thoroughly with soap and water before and after using the bathroom and before entering the fields for harvest activities. All workers must report all injuries and illnesses to their employer, as well any communicable disease such as but not limited to diarrhea, or any other infectious disease or illness. Workers shall report immediately any cuts or abrasions that cause open bleeding.
Work activities & Rules include but are not limited to:
• The production and machine harvesting of tart and sweet cherries.
• Cherries are loaded for transport at our Cooling Pad. Cooling Pad work may include a variety of tasks such as probing, prepping, dewatering, and barreling or bagging cherries prior to transport.
• Site preparation work for all crops according to the employer’s instructions.
• Other specific work activities may include tree planting, picking up rocks/roots/debris, installation/maintenance of irrigation, pruning trees and machinery operation. Worker may also be required to apply and work with crop protection materials under supervision with necessary training.
• Specific work rules and food safety rules will be provided at the time of employment and all work performed must be done in accordance with employer’s work rules and food safety program.
• Work does not include non-agricultural work.
Work Context: Work is performed outdoors, and workers are exposed to all weather conditions. Workers must be able to work in cold, hot and in inclement weather. During cherry harvest, twelve hours shifts will be offered, and hours may include weekends and holidays. Work also includes working around agricultural chemicals. All applicants must have at least 3-months verifiable fruit tree pruning experience and the completion of one cherry harvest production season as well as experience operating cherry harvest equipment.
Performance Standards: Workers must be able to maintain harvesting pace at the speed of other workers in a crew and must be able to work with a crew.
Abilities: Workers must have multi-limb coordination ability while standing, walking and climbing for long periods while harvesting. Other physical activities include crouching, bending, reaching, twisting, stooping and/or other repetitive motions during production and harvesting. Workers must be able to lift 35 to 60 pounds throughout the entire workday, with occasional heavier lifting. Tools/machinery will be provided by employer. Required and initial work training will be provided by employer if necessary.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse