- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Working on farms to install equipment for livestock and/or poultry confinements and buildings. Duties will include the installation of fans, conduit, wires, fixtures, and ventilation equipment. Must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs for 75 yards. Three (3) months of experience of installing farm equipment is required.
This involves the following job duties, all to be performed under the direction of a supervisor:
• Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
• Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
• Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
• Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools.
• Clean work area and wash parts.
• Maintain tools and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order.
• Load and unload tools, materials, equipment, and supplies at work site
• Install copper-clad ground rods, using a manual post driver.
• Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
• Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
• Dig trenches or holes for installation of conduit or supports.
• Measure materials or objects for installation or assembly.
• Install electrical components, equipment, or systems.
• Thread wire or cable through ducts or conduits.
• Clean work sites.
Less than half the time will be spent climbing ladders or scaffolds.
These work activities involve:
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
• Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
Following instructions of supervisors
- Job Classification:
- 47-3013 - Helpers-Electricians