- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Other Irrigation Duties:
1. Remove pipes/wheel lines from storage and lay out/place in predetermined patterns in fields.
2. Lubricate, adjust, repair and replace parts, such as sprinkler heads and drive chains using hand tools.
3. Observe revolving sprinklers and adjust to ensure proper operation and uniform distribution of water.
4. Disassemble, service and store pipe/mainlines/wheel lines across filed as specified intervals and after irrigation season.
5. Operate center pivot irrigation system. Perform standard repair and maintenance duties as required.
6. To meet minimum and acceptable performance standards, workers must, after a 10 day conditioning period, be able to move an average of at least (90) 40-foot sections of 3-inch pipe per hour under normal working conditions. Workers must also be able to move (2) wheel lines per hour.
7. Remove/install paper cover.
This job position encompasses irrigation of all crops that are grown, as well as other irrigation related job tasks that include, but are not limited to:
1. Operate/maintain irrigation equipment.
2. Irrigation related shoveling, ditching, weed eating, weed removal from ditch bank, field border cleaning, hauling and ground preparation.
3. Use of hand tools as needed for irrigation purposes include, but are not limited to, hoes, picks, bars, shovels, shears, clippers, loppers and saws.
4. Lift, carry and load/unload products or supplies.
5. Perform other irrigation related manual tasks
1. Connect pipes.
2. Check the alignment of pipe and adjust for proper water distribution.
3. Attach lines to water supply.
4. Prime/turn on pump.
5. Turn valves to start flow of water.
7. Move pipes through freshly irrigated crop and/or plowed fields where mud may be deep at times.
8. Lift and carry pipe sections weighing approximately 60 pounds on a sustained basis.
1. Lift gate in side of flooded irrigation ditch/pipe permitting water to flow into bordered section of field.
2. Shovel and pack dirt in low spots of embankment of cut trenches in high areas to direct water flow.
3. Close gates in ditch/pipe when bordered section is flooded.
4. Open gate or connect pipe to underground pipe system that releases water flow into reservoir or ditch.
5. Siphon water from flooded reservoir or ditch to channel water into designated areas.
6. Shovel or hoe soil to clear ditches/furrows and build embankments to appropriately channel water.
7. Mix and apply proper solutions to fill holes/cracks in pipes, ditches and spillways, and make minor repairs to metal, concrete and wooden frameworks in pipe and ditch valves and gates.
8. Gated pipe installation and removal. Prime gated pipe system. Open and close all gates on gated
pipes as irrigation management requires.
Field/Packing House Lead
Main duty is to ensure that crops that are being harvested on the field are getting to the packing
area. Also, to provide field manager with needed supplies and equipment needed in the field for
crops to be harvested.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse