- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- H-2A and corresponding domestic workers must be available to perform each of the following job activities in connection with the harvesting and farming operations:
CALVAN DRIVER SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Employee may drive Cal Van over the road.
2. Employee picks up workers from different housing sites/pick up points and takes them to an assigned work site and at the end of the day takes them back to the housing site/pick up point.
3. In order to drive a Cal Van, Employees must possess valid driver’s license (state issued) and must be able to pass Class B Physical exam and register as an FLCE driver. The employer will be responsible for the cost of the California Driver’s License, Class B Physical Exam, and registration as an FLCE driver (if any).
All employees in this position (H-2A as well as corresponding domestic workers), will be given the opportunity to obtain a driver’s license (DL) and register as an FLCE driver on a voluntary basis. The DL and FLCE Certificate are not a pre-hire job requirement. No job applicant will be denied an employment opportunity due to a lack of a DL or FLCE Certificate at the time of application and/or hiring. Further, no worker (H-2A or corresponding domestic worker) will be terminated for failure to obtain a DL or FLCE Certificate.
CalVan drivers may be H-2A or corresponding domestic workers. The employer assures that employees who drive the CalVans are compensated for their time driving. CalVan drivers perform MSPA and related paperwork (i.e., logging) as required by law which they are compensated for. The CalVan driving job duty is not a different job and the drivers perform harvesting job duties when not driving. Drivers pick up workers from the housing sites/pick up points and drop them off at the worksite. At the end of the workday, the CalVan driver takes the workers back to the housing sites/pick up points. Drivers are also responsible, during the workday, for filling the vehicle with gasoline and keeping it clean. The employer assures that drivers are paid the AEWR for actual driving time and to the extent applicable, processing CalVans paperwork, trips to the gas station, and cleaning the vehicle.
Field Workers to perform the following duties:
Berries machine & ground harvest, transplanting, planting, plant pruning, runner cutting, spacing, trellising, cleaning, general ranch maintenance / general farm labor, shovel work, hoeing (long-handeld hoe), hand weeding, bird net installation, truck loading, box assembly, loading, sucker removal, pot filling, container irrigation, cart/plant loading, plant preparation and packing for shipping, plant loading/unloading, plant transplanting, plant spacing, plant dumping, boxing for shipping, cutting sticking, bench moving, irrigation assembly & installation, plant harvesting, machine operator, forklift driver, tractor driver, time keeper, puncher/QC, loader, prepare freshly harvested crop for shipment. All activities are conducted in the field.
- Job Classification:
- 53-3053.00 - Shuttle Drivers and Chauffeurs