- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Field worker to harvest celery, organic and conventional. Cut, bunch, pack, and load fresh celery in the field on the farm. Cutting is done on harvesting machine by using hands and cutting knife. Using a harvesting hand knife and bending at the waist, the employee cuts the stalk from the roots and trims the outer stalks from the stalk to prepare it to be packed into a cartons, totes, or bins. The process is repeated. Worker responsible for cleaning of equipment and maintenance of yard.
Field worker to harvest green leaf, red leaf, butter, iceberg, romaine, romaine hearts. Cut, bag, pack, and load fresh lettuce in the field. Cutting is done on harvesting machine by using hands and cutting knife. Using a harvesting hand knife and bending at the waist, the employee cuts the head from the roots and trims the outer leaves from the head to prepare it to be packed into a carton or tote. The process is repeated. Worker is responsible for cleaning of equipment and maintenance of yard. Field worker to harvest bulk lettuce. Cut and core fresh iceberg lettuce in the field. Cutting and coring is done on a harvesting belt using hands and a cutting/coring knife. Using a coring knife and bending at the waist, the employee cuts the lettuce from the root, trims the outer leaves, cores the center of the lettuce with a knife and places on belt. The process is repeated, workers are responsible for cleaning of equipment.
Crew Lead- Team Leaders will additionally be responsible for checking quality, filling out paperwork, and receiving order for production. May clock in other workers. Packing will be performed in the field. Crew Leads will be under direct supervision of First Line Supervisors.
General Labor- Weeding using long-handled hoes, transplanting, runner cutting, plant thinning, and ranch maintenance, pulling plastic, pulling of drip tape, cleaning of old and new vegetative growth on plant bed. Plant bed will be classified as Medium or High according to the amount of runners and new/old vegetative growth present during performing work task.
Machine set up- On the farm, workers will check the machine for water and diesel; Put sticker on bags; Supply cartons for the day and put on the machine; Open or close machine; Put machine where crew will start; move trailer, drive tractor and caterpillar.
Agricultural Equipment Operator- Tractor drivers will drive and control tractors in fields.
Sanitation worker- Cleans, pressure washes, and moves restrooms on farms/fields.
Incident to and in conjunction with other agricultural operations on the farm, Raw Room Production Workers will perform secondary agriculture functions at a cooler/shed, as described at 29 C.F.R. 780.105 (c). Raw Room Production Work is seasonal based on the harvest season for the commodities harvested in the area. Raw Room Production Workers will perform the following:
• Observes and inspects packages and reports any defective packaging.
• Stacks finished good products following required specifications.
• Secures pallets with straps and shrink wrap.
• Ensures quantity of boxes per pallet according to order specifications.
• Ensures label information on boxes is accurate according to standards and order specifications.
• Ensures safe work practices by following safety rules and regulations.
• Reports any unsafe act or unsafe condition to supervisor or labor provider representative.
• Follows all GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Ensures attendance of all required job-related trainings and educational sessions such as Tailgate Meetings, etc.
• Ensures usage of all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
• Maintains good housekeeping practices.
• Other duties as assigned including: getting moved to another group or shift.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse