- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Ag mechanic- servicing harvesting equipment, harvest trucks and trailers.
Operates self-propelled custom class harvesting machines to harvest a variety of grain and oilseed silage
crops such as corn; adjusts the speed of cutters, blowers, and conveyors and height of cutting head, using had toots; changes cutting head as appropriate for crops; drives truck to transport crops to storage area; drives truck to move harvesting machines between worksites; services machinery, and maks in field repairs; driving farm vehicle; minor daily and incidental up keep to equipment and worksites. Operates farming equipment (cultivator, disk, no-till. com planter) for a variety of crops such as grass silage, com, fall crops: Harvesting of hay crop and operating tractor to spread manure.
Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians duties include:
1. Maintain, repair, and overhaul farm machinery and vehicles, such as tractors, harvesters, and irrigation systems.
2. Dismantle defective machines for repair, using hand tools.
3. Record details of repairs made and parts used.
4. Reassemble machines and equipment following repair, testing operation and making adjustments, as necessary.
5. Clean and lubricate parts.
6. Test and replace electrical components and wiring, using test meters, soldering equipment, and hand tools.
7. Tune or overhaul engines.
8. Examine and listen to equipment, read inspection reports, and confer with customers to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
9. Repair or replace defective parts, using hand tools, milling and woodworking machines, lathes, welding equipment, grinders, or saws.
10. Drive trucks to haul tools and equipment for on-site repair of large machinery.
11. Fabricate new metal parts, using drill presses, engine lathes, and other machine tools.
12. Repair bent or torn sheet metal.
13. Calculate bills according to record of repairs made, labor time, and parts used.
14. Install and repair agricultural irrigation, plumbing, and sprinkler systems.
Please see addendum C
- Job Classification:
- 49-3041.00 - Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians