- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Crops include Hydrangeas, Zygocactus, Pointsettas, Garden Mums, and mixed Annuals.
Worker must possess the physical strength and endurance (ability to continue or last) to repeat the harvest process though out the workday, working quickly and skillfully to perform activities assigned during that activity. Workers must work at a sustained (continuing for an extended period of time without interruption), vigorous pace (quick and steady) and make bona fide efforts (made in earnest intent) to work efficiently (performing or functions in the best possible manner with the least waste of time and effort) and consistently (same way for a long time) that are reasonable under the climatic and other working conditions, Workers may not leave trash, or other discarded items in work areas or vehicles but must dispose of such items in provided receptacles. Workers must wash hands with soap and water after all bathroom and meal breaks. Allergies to varieties of ragweed, goldenrod, insecticides, related agricultural chemicals, etc., may affect worker’s ability to perform the work described herein.
Primary Responsivities: Under supervision, assist various departments in ensuring effective production of quality products in an efficient and productive manner.
Workers will follow instructions to:
• Planting of Crops
• Harvesting of crops
• Crop Maintenance (disbudding, pinching, cultivate, irrigate, fertilize and spray)
• Field Work when needed
• Quality inspection of products.
• Ensure proper movement of product and supplies in the facility (assigned area)
• Prepare and pack product for shipment.
• Move/space/sort product as instructed/required
• “Break down” trucks, stock product neatly and carefully into the Fresh Cut/Warehouse department coolers.
• Bring product out to the “floor” to keep production moving steady.
• Work/Move product in the various areas
• Wrap Product and load boxes onto skids to prepare for shipment.
• General Maintenance and repair
• Assist in all areas of production as needed
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Follow direction given from all Supervisors/Lead Hands/Lead Hand Assistants.
• Abide by company policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as required to meet the needs of the business
GENERAL CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL CROPS: Fieldwork begins at assigned time shortly after daylight. Work is performed during light rain and in high humidity and in temperatures ranging from 100 (+) degrees to 35 degrees F. Workers will work on their feet in bent, stooped, and crouched positions for long periods of time. Workers will make fast, simple, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists. Workers must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs. Workers will use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects, such as trees or potted plants. These could/will weigh 50 lbs. Workers will supply their own work clothes. All the tasks in this Job Description constitute one (1) job; the employer may assign workers to different tasks on any day or to multiple tasks during the same day in the sole judgment of the employer. Workers may be required to perform work on the farm that is incidental to farming the crops listed in the application, such as performing hand cultivation tasks, weeding, or hoeing, cleaning, and repairing farm buildings, seed beds, racks, or grounds, operate tractor/farm equipment, incidental crop set up, move irrigation pipes and equipment, gardening, weeding and shrubbing, etc. All other duties assigned under this order will be those duties of Horticulture Workers, SOC code 45-2092.01. This is a very demanding and competitive business in which quality specifications must be rigorously adhered to. Sloppy work cannot and will not be tolerated.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse