- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Workers will be responsible in following safety procedures. Workers will need to follow instructions provided by supervisors. Identify faults and troubleshooting equipment. Workers may work in the mechanic shop. Workers must report to their supervisor if there are malfunctions. Workers will run testing and ensure that equipment is performing correctly to avoid damage to the commodity and personnel. Responsibilities include performing routine equipment checks, maintenance, loading, and unloading equipment, and ensuring sites are kept clean and equipment is safety installed. Other job duties may include: Cleaning, lubricating, and performing regular safety checks on equipment.
Row Crop Job Description
This job requires Machine harvest of bulk radish, carrots, Brussel sprouts, and beets; hand harvest herbs, greens, chard, beets, leeks, root crops, onions, Brussels sprouts, radish, winter squash; irrigation, planting, packing, washing, tractor/mechanical maintenance, crop preparation, crop protection, crop transport, machinery maintenance and tear down sanitation of packing shed equipment and grounds/facilities by the worker.
Row Crop/ Vegetable Job Descriptions:
Specific Job Requirements:
1. Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and reach for long periods of time.
2. Responsible for helping with day-to-day farming operations in their designated area on the row crop farm.
3. Duties include harvesting, packaging, weeding, washing and cooling of row crop vegetables to meet production standards and procedures.
4. The work is under the general direction of a supervisor or employer and is subject to period review by the supervisors for results obtained, changes in work methods, and adherence to policies.
5. Maximize crop by best weeding and harvesting practices.
6. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
7. Work with crews that move and set up irrigation pipes.
See Addendum C
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse