IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING WAGES FOR TEMPORARY AGRICULTURAL JOBS
The Department of Labor recently announced new minimum wage rates, called Adverse Effect Wage Rates (AEWRs), that employers must offer and pay, at the time work is performed, to nonimmigrant H-2A workers and workers in corresponding employment beginning on the effective date of the new wage rates. To see the new hourly AEWRs for non-range occupations (effective January 1, 2023) and the national monthly AEWR for herding or production of livestock work on the range (effective January 1, 2023), please visit: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/eta/foreign-labor/wages/adverse-effect-wage-rates
Agricultural Field Worker (Wine Grapes)
This job offer includes the following crop activities: hand pruning, hand tying, hand suckering canopy, hand suckering trunks, hand canopy management, hand leafing laterals, weed control with shovel, hand vineyard maintenance, hand crop thinning.
Description of specific work duties:
- Suckering by hand – removal of any extra unwanted shoots on cordons/canes, trunks, removal of any short canes and shoots from the cordon/cane
- Hand Pruning: Pruning with Shears by hand.
- Hand Tying: Tying by hand with or cordons.
- Canopy management by hand – moving wires to position shoots within the trellis system to maintain a vertical growing grapevine
- Leafing and lateral removal by hand – removing leaves from the fruit zone during the growing season; removing lateral growth from the canes within the fruit zone and growing canopy
- Weed control by hand – using mechanical string trimmer for weed abatement and or a shovel (long-handled) to cut weeds from under the vines and for weed control around slopes of vineyards and along adjacent roads
- Crop thinning by hand – removal of clusters during specific times of year to enhance fruit quality
Hand Vineyard Maintenance: Ranch clean up
Only Hand Vineyard Maintenance will be performed at the Silk, Landslide (Cooper), Landslide (Taylor), and Goldfields worksites.
45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse
The job/industry classification and description includes general information on the position from ONET/OES and the North American Industry Classification System. Please review Job Duties and Job Order for more information.
Months of Experience Required:
One month vineyard work experience. Workers must be able to lift 50 lbs frequently. No smoking, drinking alcohol, or illegal weapons or controlled substances in the fields or in housing. Able to stoop, bend, and work in cold and wet conditions. Able to use tools such as pruning shears, grape knives, hand saws, weed eaters, hedgers, shovels. Safety use and training provided by employer. Workers must abide by Employer housing rules. Ability to communicate in English or Spanish is required for training and safety purposes. (i.e. Workers must listen to, understand and follow instructions of Employer crew leaders, supervisors and managers.)