- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Melon Harvest-
Workers will harvest cantaloupe and honey dew melons, including packing, stacking, cutting, pitching, and sorting product.
Crew Lead- Team Leaders will additionally be responsible for checking quality, filling out paperwork, and receiving order for production. May clock in other workers.
Machine set up- Worker will check the machine for water and diesel; Put sticker on bags; Supply cartons for the day and put on the machine; Open or close machine; Put machine where crew will start; move trailer, drive tractor and caterpillar.
General Labor- Weeding using long-handled hoes, transplanting, runner cutting, plant thinning, and ranch maintenance, pulling plastic, pulling of drip tape, cleaning of old and new vegetative growth on plant bed. Plant bed will be classified as “Medium” or “High” according to the amount of runners and new/old vegetative growth present during performing work task.
Shed Labor- Workers will unload onto the line (pitchers), pack product, apply stickers, stack product, put lids on and strap product, perform traceability and receiving tagging, set up cartons and bins, sanitation.
Tractor Driver- Tractor drivers will drive and control tractors in fields.
Sanitation worker- Cleans, pressure washes, and moves restrooms on farms/fields.
1. Driver may drive over the road in passenger vans.
2. Driver will drive designated vans to transport harvest crew workers to and from housing and worksite locations. Driving job duty is not a different job and the drivers perform harvesting job duties when not driving.
3. Driver will be responsible for filling van with fuel and keeping vehicle clean.
4. Driver will be required to complete and process periodic driving reports as required by state laws.
5. Driver will be required to follow all traffic laws and if applicable, vanpool rules.
6. In order to drive, drivers must possess a valid authorized driver’s license and must be able to pass DOT (Department of Transportation) recognized medical exam and fulfill all other DOT requirements.
7. CalVans performs the medical exam at no cost to the employee or employer. The employer will be responsible for the cost of the registration as an FLCE driver (if any).
Drivers are compensated for these activities. All employees engaged in driving activities (H-2A as well as corresponding domestic workers), will be given the opportunity to obtain a driver’s license or commercial driver’s license (DL or CDL) on a voluntary basis. The DL/CDL is not a pre-hire job requirement. No job applicant will be denied an employment opportunity due to a lack of a DL/CDL or FLCE Certificate at the time of application and/or hiring. Further, no worker (H-2A or corresponding domestic worker) will be terminated for failure to obtain a DL/CDL or FLCE certificate.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse