- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- This is an application for Christmas Trees. These crops listed may or may not be planted and employer is not limited to only these crops listed.
Specific Job Requirements:
There will be a demonstration period to familiarize workers with specific jobs and to demonstrate proper methods of working.
CHRISTMAS TREE OPERATIONS:
Work in cold, hot, humid and wet weather.
Lift and carry 80-pound trees continuously throughout the day.
Cut trees using hand saw or chainsaw.
Bundle trees, prepare for transport, and load into containers.
Field work and clean up.
Other Job Specifications Include:
1. Worker will perform maintenance in Christmas tree fields including cone picking, weeding, hoeing, trunk painting, spreading fertilizer, culturing Christmas trees, base pruning and tagging Christmas trees.
2. Workers must be able to use hand pruners, machetes and other hand tools involved with the harvesting and culturing of Christmas trees.
3. Christmas tree operations, workers must harvest/cut full-grown trees, lift and carry trees up to 80 pounds, and load them into a container, continuously throughout the day.
4. Provide general labor to assist in planting new trees by clearing property, planting seedlings, building trellis, installing irrigation, spreading of composted material and other labor considered necessary to develop new properties.
5. Cares for trees during growing process-recognize tree diseases.
6. Farm clean up tasks to include picking up garbage around the field and harvest landings, Cutting and burning unmarketable trees located in clear-cut sections.
7. Spot weed spraying, Limb removal, Hoeing weeds, Landscaping at the Shop, Office or Housing.
Maintain a safe and healthy work area and report any safety concerns to the supervisor.
Workers can also:
1. Drive tractors
2. Spray and mix chemicals and fertilizers
3. Operate trucks to carry farm equipment, crops and farmworkers
4. Perform general repair of agricultural equipment.
5. Pack crops into containers.
6. Operate farm equipment used in the processes of harvesting Christmas trees. This would include balers, elevators, small tractors and other automated devices.
This job requires raising Christmas trees.
There are general conditions of employment, general job specifications and individual requirements that are specific to each job duty:
GENERAL CONDITIONS: Field work begins at assigned time shortly after daylight. Work may be performed during light rain and in high humidity and in freezing or high heat temperatures. The worker may be required to work in the farm when trees are wet with dew/rain and should have suitable clothing for variable weather conditions. The Worker must possess requisite physical strength and endurance to repeat the process throughout the workday. Workers must work at a sustained pace and make bona-fide efforts to work efficiently and consistently that are reasonable
under the climatic and all other working conditions.
The Worker may never ride on agricultural equipment not designed for work related riding purposes or any other non-passenger intended equipment unless instructed and authorized by the employer or supervisor to do so. All work-related injuries must be immediately reported to the crew leader, foreman, or supervisor. Workers' compensation claims may be presented to any medical provider, through your employer or state agency if applicable.
Full Growing Season Commitment: The worker agrees to be available for work and perform the assigned work for the assigned employer through the full period of employment 10/13/22 through 12/3/2022. Training: There will be a demonstration period to familiarize workers with job specification and to demonstrate proper methods and other crop specific issues.
See Addendum C.
- Job Classification:
- 45-2092.00 - Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse