- Full Time:
- Number of Workers Requested:
- Job Duties:
- Field worker to harvest celery, organic and conventional. Cut, bunch, pack, and load fresh celery in the field on the farm. Cutting is done on harvesting machine by using hands and cutting knife. Using a harvesting hand knife and bending at the waist, the employee cuts the stalk from the roots and trims the outer stalks from the stalk to prepare it to be packed into a cartons, totes, or bins. The process is repeated. Worker responsible for cleaning of equipment and maintenance of yard.
Field worker to harvest green leaf, red leaf, butter, iceberg, romaine, romaine hearts. Cut, bag, pack, and load fresh lettuce in the field. Cutting is done on harvesting machine by using hands and cutting knife. Using a harvesting hand knife and bending at the waist, the employee cuts the head from the roots and trims the outer leaves from the head to prepare it to be packed into a carton or tote. The process is repeated. Worker is responsible for cleaning of equipment and maintenance of yard. Field worker to harvest bulk lettuce. Cut and core fresh iceberg lettuce in the field. Cutting and coring is done on a harvesting belt using hands and a cutting/coring knife. Using a coring knife and bending at the waist, the employee cuts the lettuce from the root, trims the outer leaves, cores the center of the lettuce with a knife and places on belt. The process is repeated, workers are responsible for cleaning of equipment.
Crew Lead- Team Leaders will additionally be responsible for checking quality, filling out paperwork, and receiving order for production. May clock in other workers. Packing will be performed in the field. Crew Leads will be under direct supervision of First Line Supervisors.
General Labor- Weeding using long-handled hoes, transplanting, runner cutting, plant thinning (long-handled hoes), and ranch maintenance, pulling plastic, pulling of drip tape, cleaning of old and new vegetative growth on plant bed. Plant bed will be classified as Medium or High according to the amount of runners and new/old vegetative growth present during performing work task.
Machine set up- On the farm, workers will check the machine for water and diesel; Put sticker on bags; Supply cartons for the day and put on the machine; Open or close machine; Put machine where crew will start; move trailer, drive tractor and caterpillar.
Agricultural Equipment Operator- Tractor drivers will drive and control tractors in fields.
Sanitation worker- Cleans, pressure washes, and moves restrooms on farms/fields.
1. Driver may drive over the road in passenger vans.
2. Driver will drive designated vans to transport harvest crew workers to and from housing and worksite locations. Driving job duty is not a different job and the drivers perform harvesting job duties when not driving.
3. Driver will be responsible for filling van with fuel and keeping vehicle clean.
4. Driver will be required to complete and process periodic driving reports as required by state laws.
5. Driver will be required to follow all traffic laws and if applicable, vanpool rules.
6. In order to drive, drivers must possess a valid authorized driver’s license and must be able to pass DOT (Department of Transportation) recognized medical exam and fulfill all other DOT requirements.
7. CalVans performs the medical exam at no cost to the employee or employer. The employer will be responsible for the cost of the registration as an FLCE driver (if any).
Drivers are compensated for these activities.
All employees engaged in driving activities (H-2A as well as corresponding domestic workers), will be given the opportunity to obtain a driver’s license or commercial driver’s license (DL) on a voluntary basis. The DL is not a pre-hire job requirement. No job applicant will be denied an employment opportunity due to a lack of a DL or FLCE Certificate at the time of application and/or hiring.
- Job Classification:
- 53-3053.00 - Shuttle Drivers and Chauffeurs